Thriving Leaders Program
Are you responsible for developing team leaders in your organisation?
Do you need to find a way to get better results from your development programs?
If you want to create a steady supply of quality team leaders who can engage their teams and boost the performance of your organisation then you need to find a way to help them go from surviving to thriving.
Have you noticed:
- You have trouble getting people to take on team leader roles
- There is high turnover in your team members or team leaders
- Team leaders are struggling to handle day to day issues, making costly or visible mistakes
- Team leaders are stressed or working long hours, which is unsafe and unsustainable
- Other leaders are spending a lot of time dealing with the issues team leaders should be able to handle themselves
- Team leaders don’t want to admit they aren’t coping as they’ve always been good at what they do
- You’re concerned about losing high performers due to a lack of development and promotion opportunities
- Team leaders can manage but you want to see them lead and work together as a team
- Your team leaders are doing a great job but you know they are capable of more
- You need a system for preparing potential leaders ready to step up and lead
If you’ve tried sending your team leaders to workshops and found they aren’t creating any behavioural change then the Thriving Leaders Program is the solution.
I’ve spent 20 years developing team leaders and used my experiences to design a program that actually works.
The Thriving Leaders Program is a 3 step approach that gives your team leaders the important skill sets they need to go from surviving to thriving and help your organisation to prosper. Using my Thriving Team Leader Indicator I work with you to determine the appropriate level of program for your organisation.
Every team leader needs to understand the basic skills of leading a team. This means they understand why their role matters. what their role involves and how to handle the day to day responsibilities. Only once they are competent at these foundation skills can they move on to more advanced skills.
All leaders will eventually need to deal with the more complex aspects of their role. They must understand how to prepare their team to face challenges and then lead them through those challenges when the time comes. This will help them to gain the confidence to handle even the biggest challenge.
For a leader to thrive they need to learn how to work with their peers and external stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, government agencies and industry peers. These skills take them beyond teamwork and show them how to partner with others and create innovation solutions.
The Thriving Leaders Program is ideal if you:
- Want to develop your team leaders and have no resources to handle it yourself
- Have realised that a one off events don’t create behavioural change
- Believe your current program is more focused on management skills and you’re looking to give your team leaders the skills to lead
- Want to offer a development opportunity that allows your team leaders to apply their skills on the job
The program is not suitable for:
- Organisations that want a quick fix solution
- Senior leaders who are not willing to get involved
- Team leaders who are not open to learning
Benefits of the program include:
- A detailed analysis before we begin so you can identify actions that will support the program and increase it’s effectiveness
- Preparation sessions so participants and their leaders are ready to get the most out of the program
- A coaching format that allows your team leaders to critically reflect on their learning with the help of a coach
- Short sessions held fortnightly so there is maximum learning with minimum time way from their team
- Practical, structured activities between sessions so your team leaders can apply what they are learning
- A self directed component that gets your team leaders to take responsibility for their own development
- A support process so team leaders stay on track between sessions
- Encourages your senior leaders to get involved so they role model the right behaviour
- Action planning so your team leaders keep learning long after the program is over
- Follow up system after the program to help them implement their action plan
The Thriving Leaders Program is available for teams and individual leaders.
What clients say
“The program was exactly what I was looking for – an emphasis on development of practical leadership aptitudes and sharing of experiences across the program leadership team to build shared understanding and teamwork.” Teri O’Toole, WA State Manager Migration Support Programs, Australian Red Cross
“The program has increased my knowledge and given me the self confidence to lead my team. Since completing it I have continued to grow towards my personal goals of becoming an effective and influential team leader. The most memorable lesson I learnt is that to become a great leader I first need to find the leader within myself.” David Simionato, Team Leader, Australian Red Cross
“The value I received from completing Karen’s program is enormous. As a coach she is inspiring, very personable and easy to communicate with. I wouldn’t have been able to continue in my present role without Karen’s guidance.” Philippa Alford, Centre Director, Headland Montessori
“We engaged Karen to work with our mid-level and frontline leaders as part of an organisational culture change strategy as her approach to leadership development aligned with our ethos of holistic support. The Thriving Leaders Program has helped our leaders to develop the skills and confidence to improve our response to HR issues and assist us to face the challenge of industry wide change.” Tracey Lloyd, CEO, S.C.O.P.E. Inc
“The program has given me insights into the way I interact with my team. I’m now more mindful about explaining the ‘why’ so they have a context for what I’m requesting of them. This has definitely helped motivated them in their roles and to understand where the organisation is heading so they get excited about coming on the journey with us.” Paul Mewburn, Co-ordinator, S.C.O.P.E. Inc