Welcome on board as a coaching client. I’m really looking forward to working with you. Making the decision to get a coach is a great first step in creating your dream career. The next step is making sure you get the most out of the experience. Here are a few ideas to help you do that …
Before a session
- If we’re meeting online make sure you’re in a quiet, comfortable and interruption free space
- Turn off your email and put your phone on divert or silent so they don’t distract you
- Write down anything that might distract you during our session so you can come back to it when we’re finished
- Review the notes from our previous session and your journal entries (I’ll talk more about that in our first session)
During a session
- Don’t worry about taking notes, that’s my job.
- Say what’s on your mind, don’t filter your thoughts. Often they contain valuable insights into what really matters to you.
- Realise it’s normal if you can’t answer a question. Part of the process is about making you think and not everyone can do that on the spot.
After a session
- Review the notes I send you and let me know if you have any changes. I want to make sure they are an accurate reflection of our session as we’ll refer back to them.
- Start taking action immediately. It might only be writing down some ideas or sending an email. The important thing is you do something!
- Contact me if you have any major questions or concerns rather than wait until the next session. That way I can be prepared to help you. I might even be able to suggest actions you can take right away.
In preparation for our first session can you please answer a few questions …