So it’s that time of the year when your thoughts are probably turning to reviewing the year. That’s because it’s bound to be a popular topic of conversation at the many social events you’ll attend, especially with people you don’t see very often. But your reflective mood is also because you’re hard wired to think of life in terms of time frames and the clicking over of a new calendar year seems to trigger something in your brain. You start reviewing your life to see where we are at and what we need to do next to reach your goals.
So as you wind down for the year here are some questions to help you review your career in 2018:
- What were your proudest achievements?
- What were your low points?
- What excited you?
- What frustrated you?
- What do you wish you’d done differently?
- What do you wish you had done but didn’t?
- What lessons did you learn?
- What progress did you make towards your career goals?
- What stands out for you about this year?
- How would you rate your career on a scale of 1 to 10?
Now think about how you’d like your career to be in 2019. If you decide this is the year to finally make your dream career a reality then use the holidays to get a head start. Sign up for my 6 week Dream Career Program. It might just be the best Christmas gift you ever give yourself.
Enjoy your break and I’ll see you again in 2019.
#dreamcareer #careerpivot #careerplanning