Are you sleep walking through your career?
Research by the Gallup Organisation over the last few decades has found that across all countries people can be divided into 3 categories:
- 17% are actively disengaged or in a coma, contributing nothing, being kept alive by the system having given up caring about their career.
- 70% are not engaged, they’re like zombies mindlessly sleep walking through their careers doing OK but not great.
- 13% are awake at work, or engaged, loving their work and achieving great success.
So which one are you?
Like most people you’re probably sleep walking through your career which is dangerous and here’s why
- The Black Dog Institute reports that 8 Australians die by their own hand each day and another 30 attempt suicide, with 20 per cent directly linked to their work. That means every day 2 people are taking their life and 6 people are attempting to take their life because they hate their career.
- Beyond Blue says one in five Australians have taken time off work in the last year because they felt stressed, anxious or depressed. Those comments about “taking a mental health day” are no longer a joke.
- The European Journal of Epidemiology found the risk of having a heart attack is 20 percent higher on a Monday. You don’t need a medical degree to know why.
I want to help people before they get to this point so they don’t need to end up seeing a health professional.
So how do you wake you?
Well it starts with challenging your definition of success. Is it really yours or has it been implanted in your mind like a hypnotist giving you a suggestion you later feel compelled to act on when the trigger word is given. For some of us that trigger word is security, for others its wealth or status. If you want to wake up you need to learn how to override your programing and create a career that gives you meaningful success.
It’s time to wake up and redefine career success on your terms.….
That’s where I can help
I’m Karen Schmidt and I’m a career coach who shows people how to wake up and turn their career dream into reality. That might mean making some minor adjustments or making a major shift. The important thing is you make decisions based on what’s right for you, not just follow the crowd.
So who am I and how am I qualified to help you?
I have over 30 years experience working in Human Resources and Corporate Training with 20 of those years spent self employed as a speaker, facilitator and coach.
I’m the author of 5 books on career planning, personal development and leadership plus I have a degree in Adult Education.
I’ve had success that fell apart because I was sleep walking through my career, having been hypnotised into following someone else’s idea of success. To learn more read my story.
Now that I’ve woken up I want to use my experiences to help other people turn their dream career into reality. I can show you how to get clear on your personal definition of success and then pivot from where you are now to create a career that makes you feel awake!
I’m not going to encourage you to quit your job or shut your business. Instead I want to give you the tools to make decisions that are right for you, to help you wake up and turn you dream career into reality.
Who I can help
I work with people who are successful but stressed or disillusioned. They are business leaders, professionals, entrepreneurs and small business owners who know that their definition of success doesn’t match their current career. They’re people who are questioning the status quo and finding that it doesn’t work for them.
I know I can help if you’re open to being helped. If that sounds like you then take a look at my services and contact me to discuss how we can work together to turn your dream career into reality!